Oct 19-22, 2023 (UKC weekend 42)
6 All-Breed Shows + Nationals on Saturday
National and Host Club Show weekend starts Thursday through Sunday October 19th-22nd, 2023
2023 National/Host club Show Site
- Wayne County Fair Grounds: Cozadd Building (95×59)
- 10871 Quirk Rd. Belleville, MI 48111
- (734) 697-7002
- Must have Rabies certificate available if camping / show site events department.
Fairground Camping Available
- Call fair office 734-697-7002, – deposits for camping ~ 25-44$ (no refunds on camping deposits)
- There are discounts for, Military, Seniors 65+ and Good Sam (Camping World) members. There is a dumping station, laundry on site, etc.
- Daily RV Camping range is 23 – 44$ (no tent camping on show site).
Local Hotels / Motels
There are a few nearby Hotels/Motels within <5min of site, just off of I-94 that are Pet friendly. There are several Hotels/Motels in surrounding area. Can google and see them all.
- Holiday Inn Express – 734-857-6200
- Holiday Inn Detroit/Belleville-Airport – 734 699-2424
- Super 8 by Wyndham Belleville – 734 699-1888
- Baymont by Wyndham Belleville airport – 734 325-9062
- Healthy Paws Veterinary – 734-697-4100: 10657 Belleville Rd #101, Belleville, MI 48111
- Animal Medical Center of Van Buren – 734-699-6510: 491 Sumpter Rd, Belleville, MI 48111
Additional National Events
- Auction/Meetings at show site.
- Dinner: Working on it: Johnny’s on the Lake (looking to have a compressed menu for them) or Twisted Rooster
- Thursday & Friday Events: Michigan American Eskimo Dog Club is hosting 2 all-breed shows each day (4 total all-breed).
- Friday there will be 2 AE specialties embedded into the all-Breed show with Northern group being judged later in the afternoon. This should provide AE exhibitors time to arrive, groom and compete at both specialties. There will be a separate Junior showmanship competition outside of the all- breed.
- Shows run back to back. The BOB winner from specialties will go in and compete in the Northern Group. We are also looking to have a Northern Group Specialty award- both shows Friday only.
- Saturday: Nationals with Futurity, Legends of the Rings, Auction, General Meeting, Board Meeting and all the bells & whistles.
- Sunday: Two All-Breed Shows.
Michigan will also host one “Best of the Best” winner Sunday after the all-breed BOS’s. This will be a combo of entire weekend winners including All- Breed Best in Shows (6 of them) + (the National Grand and or the BOB winner from the National show (Sat), and the 2 AE Specialty BOB winners (Fri), if different). Normally we ask the Sunday judges to do this (local judges are very familiar with this fun award). This is a combined win of Regular class winners over the weekend, this is a fun class to win if you make that far. We will have a separate NL Puppy “Best of the Best” held after the regular class “Best of the Best”.
Hosted by Michigan American Eskimo Dog Association
Contact Susan Bovee for more information or suggestions or to lend a helping hand. Text Susan at (five, one, seven) 677-6264 or email susanbovee65 at gmail.com