6 All-Breed Shows + 2 AE SPECIALITIES + NORTHERN Group Speciality + NAEDA Nationals
Oct 19-22, 2023 Belleville, MI
2 All-Breed Shows on Thursday. 2 All-Breed Shows with AE Specialty & Northern Group Speciality on Friday. NAEDA Nationals on Saturday, 2 All Breed Shows on Sunday followed by Best of the Best. Wow what FUN!!
National and Host Club Show weekend starts Thursday through Sunday October 19th-22nd, 2023. (UKC weekend 42) Hosted by Michigan American Eskimo Dog Assoc at Wayne County Fairgrounds in Belleville, MI
UKC Event Links
Michigan American Eskimo Dog Association, Inc. Shows Thursday & Friday
National American Eskimo Dog Association – National Event Weekend
Additional National Events
- Judge’s Seminar: Friday after the 2nd show.
- Auction/NAEDA Meetings: Saturday after National shows at show site.
- Dinner Saturday: Working on it: Johnny’s on the Lake (looking to have a compressed menu from them)
- Thursday Events
- Michigan American Eskimo Dog Club is hosting 2 all-breed shows
- Shows start at 2pm.
- Conformation (Altered Conformation, Junior Showmanship, Novice Puppy, Veteran)
- Judges: Nancy Gallant, Marian Campbell
- Pre-entry Closes Oct 9. DOS closes 1pm
- Friday Events: Michigan American Eskimo Dog Club is hosting 2 all-breed shows each day with AE Specialties and Northern Group Specialty.
- Friday there will be 2 AE Specialties embedded into the all-Breed show with Northern group being judged later in the afternoon. Conformation (Altered Conformation, Junior Showmanship, Novice Puppy, Veteran, Stud Dog, Brood Bitch and Brace)
- Shows start at 2pm. This should provide AE exhibitors time to arrive, groom and compete at both specialties.
- There will be a separate Junior showmanship competition outside of the all- breed.
- Shows run back to back. The BOB winner from specialties will go in and compete in the Northern Group. We are also have a Northern Group Specialty award- both shows Friday only.
- After the 2nd show there will be an American Eskimo Judges’ seminar. UKC will recognize the seminar as One (1) apprenticeship toward an AE UKC Conformation License. All Judges and AE Exhibitors with Dogs are welcome. Seminar is a UKC approved Power Point presentation and will also include a hands on evaluation of the breed and will be given by Diana Allen
- Judges: Deb Beean, Sharon Griffin
- Pre-Entry Closes Oct 9. DOS closes 1pm
- Saturday: Nationals with Futurity, Legends of the Rings, Auction, General Meeting, Board Meeting and all the bells & whistles.
- Show stats at 10am. Non-Licensed Classes for the National Show are as follows: Novice Puppy, Stud Dog, Brood Bitch, Veteran, Brace, Special Exhibition (Legends of the Ring, & Futurity)
- Junior’s Must Handle an American Eskimo
- Judge Pamela Moore
- Pre-Entry Deadline: Received By October 14, 2023. DOS Closes 9:30am
Futurity: “Don’t forget to send in your puppy nominations” Contact Susan Bovee at email@example.com
How-To Enter Futurity
- Sunday: Two All-Breed Shows.
- Judges are Kimberly Caines and Lori Sargent.
- Show starts at 9am. Non-Licensed Classes for the All Breed Shows are as follows: Novice Puppy and Veteran
- Pre-Entry Deadline: Received By October 14, 2023. DOS Closes 8:30am
- Michigan will also host one “Best of the Best” winner Sunday after the all-breed BOS’s. This will be a combo of entire weekend winners including All- Breed Best in Shows (6 of them) + (the National Grand and or the BOB winner from the National show (Sat), and the 2 AE Specialty BOB winners (Fri), if different). Normally we ask the Sunday judges to do this (local judges are very familiar with this fun award). This is a combined win of Regular class winners over the weekend, this is a fun class to win if you make that far. We will have a separate NL Puppy “Best of the Best” held after the regular class “Best of the Best”.
Hosted by Michigan American Eskimo Dog Association
Contact Susan Bovee for more information or suggestions or to lend a helping hand. Text Susan at (five, one, seven) 677-6264 or email susanbovee65 at gmail.com
2023 National Show Site
- Wayne County Fairgrounds: Cozadd Building (95×59)
- 10871 Quirk Rd. Belleville, MI 48111
- (734) 697-7002
- Must have Rabies certificate available if camping / show site events department.
Fairground Camping Available
- For site camping reservations and accommodations call Wayne County Fairgrounds at 734-697-7002.
- Full hook up campsite with water, electric and sewer hookup. Back-In: $39 per night. Pull-Through: $44 per night
- There are discounts for, Military, Seniors 65+ and Good Sam (Camping World) members. There is a dumping station, laundry on site, etc.
- Daily RV Camping range is 23 – 44$ (no tent camping on show site).
Local Hotels / Motels
There are a few nearby Hotels/Motels within <5min of site, just off of I-94 that are Pet friendly. There are several Hotels/Motels in surrounding area. Can google and see them all.
- Holiday Inn Express – 734-857-6200
- Holiday Inn Detroit/Belleville-Airport – 734 699-2424
- Super 8 by Wyndham Belleville – 734 699-1888
- Baymont by Wyndham Belleville airport – 734 325-9062
- Healthy Paws Veterinary – 734-697-4100: 10657 Belleville Rd #101, Belleville, MI 48111
- Animal Medical Center of Van Buren – 734-699-6510: 491 Sumpter Rd, Belleville, MI 48111
Welcome back Steve Loscheider from Northern Lights AED club. Steve has offered to be our photographer again for 2023. Let’s capture all those Smiling Eskies! Please check out his website if you missed any pictures from 2021 or just to reminiscence.
2022 Nationals Photos
Links to images from 2022 Nationals weekend: 2022 Nationals Win Shots