NAEDA is pleased to offer breeders and owners of UKC registered American Eskimos a special opportunity to showcase their puppies at two consecutive NAEDA National shows through the NAEDA Futurity and Maturity program. The Futurity and Maturity program seeks to encourage highly selective breeding practices and to reward breeders for their achievements. The Maturity part of the program not only provides Futurity nominated puppies with an additional opportunity to compete, but also gives those unable to participate in a Futurity the chance to compete during the next National show.
- The process begins by nominating a LITTER. Individual puppies from a nominated litter are eligible to compete in the FIRST Futurity held on or after the date they reach six months of age, and in the next year’s Maturity, and ONLY in those classes.
- Correct and timely nominations of both the litter and the individual puppy are required for eligibility.
- Nomination of a LITTER must be made by the breeder or co=breeder of the litter. To be timely, the nomination must be after the breeding has occurred but BEFORE the puppies are whelped. Nomination of a litter makes each puppy in that litter eligible for individual nomination and entry into both the Futurity and the following year’s Maturity classes, and only those classes.
- The fee is $20.00. Of the litter nomination fees, $5 will be retained by NAEDA for expenses and $15 will go to Futurity/Maturity prize money. Upon receipt of a litter nomination, the Futurity/Maturity Chairperson will send the nominator a confirmation of the nomination with a litter number. When the puppies have whelped, the nominator can request the correct number of puppy nomination forms from the Futurity Chairperson. A Futurity/Maturity nomination is final and no refunds will be made. Nomination fees cannot be transferred from one litter to another.
- Nomination of a puppy must be made by the breeder, owner or co=owner of the puppy, none of whom need be members of NAEDA. To be timely, the puppy nomination must be made before the puppy reaches 4 months of age.
- The fee is $20.00. Puppies nominated for the Futurity are also automatically nominated for the Maturity one year hence. Of the puppy nomination fees, $5.00 will be retained by NAEDA for expenses, $7.50 for Futurity prize money, and $7.50 for the next year’s Maturity prize money.
- Individual puppies from a nominated litter are eligible to compete in the first Futurity held on or after the date they reach six months of age.
- If a dog, its sire, or its dam is owned or co=owned by the judge or a member of the judge’s family, that dog cannot be shown at the Futurity/Maturity competition.
- An entry for Futurity judging must be entered in one of the regular classes at the National show. The Futurity entry must be on the same entry form in the Non=Licensed portion of the form. There is a $10.00 fee for this additional class (Futurity).
- Class divisions for the Futurity are: 6 – 9 months; 9 – 12 months. Each age group is further divided by sex. The two dog classes will be judged in order, followed by the female classes. The Judge will make four placements for
each class. The Judge will select Best Futurity Puppy from the four winners of the classes.
- The Maturity will be held in conjunction with the NAEDA national show. A puppy nominated for the Futurity is automatically nominated for the following year’s Maturity. Entry in the Futurity is not required for Maturity eligibility.
- Individual puppies from a nominated litter are eligible to compete in the Maturity held the year after the Futurity for which they eligible.
- If a dog, its sire or its dam is owned or co=owned by the judge or a member of the judge’s family, that dog cannot be shown at this Maturity competition.
- An entry for the Maturity judging must be entered in one of the regular classes at the National show. The Maturity entry must be on the same form in the Non=Licensed portion of the form. There is a $10.00 fee for this additional class (Maturity).
- The class for the Maturity is for puppies over 12 months of age. The classes will be divided by sex. Dogs will be judged first followed by females. The judge will make four placements for each class. The Judge will select Best Maturity Winner from the winners of the two sexes.
Futurity/Maturity Division of monetary awards:
The division of the monetary awards will be:
The breeder, the owner, and the sire’s owner at each class and level of competition within the Futurity/Maturity Events.